- Customers are asked to choose carefully as refunds are not given if a customer changes their mind or makes a wrong selection.
- Customers are advised to take accurate measurements of their room, doorways, hallways, ceilings, stairwells and lifts to ensure that the furniture they are purchasing will fit in their house or room before making the decision to purchase.
- When furniture is not available for the customer from Impressions stock and is to be ordered from a local, interstate or overseas supplier, Impressions will give an estimated date of arrival. However, any such dates are an estimate only and may be subject to delays beyond Impressions reasonable control. Impressions will not be held liable for such delays, including but not limited to; changes to suppliers manufacturing schedules, industrial disputes, transport and shipping delays.
- A Security Deposit, equal to 30% of the total amount of the Customer Order, is required on all Customer Orders placed with Impressions.
- As soon as Impressions receives the furniture from the supplier, Impressions will raise a Tax Invoice and will apply the Security Deposit to the payment of that Invoice. Impressions will then notify the customer of the raising of that Tax Invoice and the application of the Security Deposit to the customer’s account. The customer is then required to pay the total of the balance outstanding within 7 days of that notification.
- Customers are required to take delivery of their furniture within 7 days of notification that the furniture is ready for delivery. Please note that the outstanding balance must be paid in full prior to dispatch. In the event that customers are paying by personal or business cheque please allow 5 business days for the cheque to be cleared before collection or delivery of the furniture. Title of the furniture remains with Impressions until all outstanding payments are received and all cheques are cleared.
- Impressions will assist customers by obtaining quotes for delivery and coordinating the delivery however, it is the customer’s responsibility to advise the salesperson, in writing, on the Customer Order, of any unusual or difficult circumstance with the delivery that could attract additional charges. Situations such as; stairways, narrow doorways or hallways, second storey apartments or if furniture has to be dismantled or doors removed, will be subject to additional hourly charges by delivery companies. The hiring of lifting equipment, such as a cherry picker, to assist with the delivery is the customer’s responsibility.
- Impressions is normally able to provide customers with an estimated delivery time of an AM or PM delivery on the day of delivery however, in the event that the delivery truck arrives at the delivery address and there is no person available to accept the furniture, the furniture will be returned to the warehouse and the customer will have to wait for the next available delivery date. In such instances there will be an additional delivery charge payable.
- If customers wish to collect their own furniture from Impressions warehouse they must give the warehouse staff 1 day’s notice. Impressions warehouse is open for customer collections between 8am – 2.30pm Mondays to Fridays. Customers are advised to bring their own protective wraps and blankets as these are not supplied by Impressions.
- Furniture must be thoroughly inspected at the time of collection from the warehouse by the customer or their agent/freight company or at the time of delivery if Impressions arranges the delivery, as risk in the furniture shall pass to the customer on either collection or delivery of the furniture.
- Leather, being a natural material, has some natural scarring and creasing, depending on what part of the animal the hide is from. In addition, leather dye lots will vary slightly to the swatch samples in our showroom. These variations in consistency are not classified as faults. Please also note that if ordering additional upholstered furniture at a later date, in the same leather or fabric colour, there will be dye lot variations to the original leather or fabric upholstery cover.
- The amount of natural marks and blemishes of recycled timber will vary with each piece of furniture, creating an aged rustic appearance, each with its own unique features. The finish of furniture made from rustic, recycled timber, bares no resemblance to the smooth, planed, sanded and highly polished finish of contemporary or more formal furniture.
- New timbers may have natural features of gum veins and knots and may vary in frequency and placement; these are not faults but part of the natural features of each piece of timber. Stain colours may vary slightly from samples as each piece of timber may accept the stain differently.
- Safety Warning - We advise all customers to secure all bookcases, buffets and chests of drawers to the wall before use as these units may become unstable when filled with books and cutlery or when drawers are opened. The weight of any of these units falling forward could seriously maim or kill a person or damage cherished possessions and collectables.
Avoid exposing all timber, leather and fabric furniture to direct sunlight for any extended period, as the furniture will sustain unwarrantable damage.
Leather does stretch with usage over time and this stretching is a normal reaction to everyday use. It is also normal for sofa cushions to soften and the cover to crease with usage; it is wise to reverse and rotate cushions where possible and vary your seating position whenever you can, to ensure uniform ware of the suite.
Leather Care & Maintenance: Dirt, dust and human sweat cause damage to leather sofas, regularly dust or vacuum clean your suite with a suitable attachment to avoid damage. Use only recommended leather care kits for cleaning and do not use detergents and solvents.
Upholstery Fabric Care & Maintenance: Dirt, dust and human sweat cause deterioration in the fabric and also fading of the colours. Cleaning is a normal part of maintaining a fabric suite; vacuum clean with a suitable attachment and avoid brushing. If the suite requires a more detailed clean, seek specialist help. To ensure a prolonged fabric life have your suite fabric protected but first check with the salesperson to ensure that your fabric is suitable for fabric protection.
Timber Furniture Care & Maintenance: Use a duster or non-abrasive cloth to clean. If alcohol is spilt, ensure it is cleaned up immediately, to avoid damage to the surface polish. Use only recommended timber polishes and waxes. We recommend the use of heat resistant place mats for hot cups and plates to avoid heat damage.